My Responsibility to You
I will represent you as I would represent myself in investment property transactions, whether I’m representing you in purchasing or selling. We are not involved just in purchasing land and a building — we are involved in a business opportunity.
Buying Investment Property
On the acquisition side, I will ask key questions such as the following prior to making an offer on a property.
- What type of tenants do we have
- How long have they lived there
- Rental payment history
- Expenses for the last year or longer
- Improvements and upgrades from present owner
It’s extremely important to know as much about the investment property as we can before making an offer or going under contract. Once under contract, you will have an “option period,” which is a negotiated period of time for you to perform due diligence. In addition to the money given to the seller for the option period, you will spend money on a property inspection, termite inspection, and any other inspection deemed necessary for the property investment.
Another critical piece is the income and expense history of the property, which we will carefully review.
This is why I do not rush to draw up a contract for my investor without knowing all I can about the property. Considering all these factors will save you money and time. This is the type of value I bring to our relationship.
Selling Investment Property
On the selling side, I will work with you to ensure your investment property is marketed for the highest and best value proposition in its class.
- I will coach you on what the buyers want and how we need to meet these needs for our highest return on investment.
- I will set up spreadsheets for your rent payment history.
- I will set up spreadsheet for your expense history.
- I will highlight all improvements and upgrades.
- I will suggest that we have a property inspection done prior to marketing. This will give us an opportunity to correct any deferred maintenance issue before any buyer performs their inspections. Again, I am working to maximize your greatest return on investment at the sale of your property.
- I will show you ways to improve your property before marketing.
- I will market your property through popular media channels — MLS system, Realtor.com, LoopNet, Craigslist, Zillow, and other real estate sites
Whether it’s a buyer’s market or seller’s market, we’ll work to price your property appropriately. We won’t under price or over price your property. If we plan and prepare ahead, it will sell at the right price. I am never about selling your property in the shortest amount of time; I am about selling at the right price to get you as much for the property as the market will pay.
My responsibility to you is to sell your investment property using all my knowledge, experience and expertise for your greatest return.
If you’d like to learn more about my approach for buying and selling Austin investment property, contact Monte Davis at 512-473-2444 (office) or 512-585-0045 (cell).
We would love to share with you, what people are saying about us!View Our Testimonials