- This is a buyer's market.
- Austin has twice been dubbed "recession proof," first by Forbes in 2008 and then by the Brooking's Institute in June 2010.
- In June, Forbes also labeled the city one of the nation's "recovery capitals."
- With unemployment at just 7%, we're doing almost 3% better than the national average, which persistently hangs just under 10%.
- Real estate sales in Texas have been up for the last three quarters, with April- to-June sales up 14% over the same period in 2009.
The median home price in Texas is $149,200. That's roughly 15% below the national average, yet property values are just 1.5% off their 2008 peak.
Essentially, Texas didn't just get through the recession, it got through it without enduring the high volatility that…
1172 Views, 0 Comments