Forbes blogger Francesca Levy, in her popular real estate column "Crib Notes," has named Austin one of her top picks for "best bet" housing markets for residential real estate investors. Specifically, Levy cited:
- strong pre-recession population growth,
- a slowing of home-price drops, and
- jobs weighted toward growth in areas like government and education.
Now, here's what's exciting in light of our previous discussions about cash flow and appreciation.
The list was compiled by the real estate research firm Local Market Monitor and the basis for selection was . . . .
. . markets with the greatest chance for price appreciation.
Here's how they ran the numbers for Austin and they support our basic assertion -- now is the time to buy!
- Q2 2010 Home Price Change:
-1% - Three-year home price forecast: 5%
- Population Growth, 200-2005: 16%
You can read the full text of the article here: Real Estate Investing Is All the Rage Again. Should You Cash In?